Where we began...
In March of 2011 Nueva Esperanza-New Hope Girls began to serve girls ages 5-16 identified as the most vulnerable living in poverty in barrio Maria Auxillidora. We believe in God's word as He has spoken to us, "Where you're faithful in little you will be entrusted with much."
Where we're at now:
- We currently have the privilege of providing a loving home - a safe haven - to girls (ages 10-16) in the DR who come from dark and difficult places. Each girl is given the opportunity to become a life-long obedient follower of Jesus Christ and to receive healing from the trauma that they have endured.
- Expansion has been critically needed, and the staff and leadership of this ministry have been fervently praying for this opportunity to purchase land, renovate existing structures and build classrooms to increase the quality of care we are able to offer as well as the number of girls we are able to serve.
Where we are going...
- After spending years hunting for property God brought us to the PERFECT campus- half an acre of land and a huge abandoned home with 7 bedrooms and 5 baths. There is a fenced-in pool and fruit trees shading the entire property. The location is truly ideal for our staff and ministry.
- With the help of a volunteer architect, civil engineer and other professionals assisting, the plans have been made in detail to rebuild and expand the house, which is quite solid considering the age and neglect.
How you can play a part:
This Capital Campaign WILL PAY OFF THE REMAINING DEBT, RENOVATE AND EXPAND THE HOUSE, BUILD THE SCHOOL AND SUPPLY MUCH NEEDED OPERATIONS COSTS FOR 3 YEARS so that the girls can transition into a new beautiful home. The renovation has begun and NOW gifts/pledges are needed to cover all 3 phases.
Giving commitments for the sponsorship of any area can be completed in agreed upon installments over the course of our 3 year Capital Campaign.
HOME ADDITIONS / RENOVATIONS*
- Kitchen: $30,000 (SPONSORED!!!)
- Cafeteria/Multi-purpose space: $40,000 (SPONSORED!!!)
- Outdoor kitchen and eatery: $15,000
- Outdoor living and green space: $10,000 (SPONSORED!!!)
- Sustainable food garden: $7,500 (SPONSORED!!!)
- Temporary workshop/future therapy room: $10,000 (SPONSORED!!!)
- Pool patio and fire pit: $10,000 (SPONSORED!!!)
ACADEMY / WORKSHOP*
- Classroom 1 and bathroom: $25,000 (SPONSORED!!!)
- Classroom 2 and bathroom: $25,000
- Workshop and bathroom: $36,000
- Administrative Office and Therapy Room: $10,000
- School Courtyard: $7,500 (SPONSORED!!!)
- Passenger Van (2013 or newer, fewer than 50,000 miles): $25,000
- Storage shed (10x10 up to 12x15): $4,000
- Dining room set for 24: $4,000
- Washer and dryer (2 stackable sets): $3,000
- Motorcycle with trailer (transporting girls within the city): $3,000 (SPONSORED!!!)
- Montessori and project based school supplies: $2,500
- Library books (100 books): $1,500
- Printer/Copy machine and computer: $1,500
- Power Washer: $600 (SPONSORED!!!)
*The sponsorship of each highlighted area includes naming rights with a plaque mounted in the donor's honor.
- If you wish to pledge, submit statement of intent, and give online click HERE and you will be redirected to our online form/payment options.
If you wish to pledge and donate by mail click HERE to access and fill out our Donor Statement of Intent via Word Document and print to send.
- Checks can be made out to New Hope Girls Inc. and with the form sent to the following address:
New Hope Girls, 317 Pine Lake Ct, Spartanburg, SC 29301
If you would like to read our COMPLETE Capital Campaign Case for Support click HERE.